Conflict is bound to happen in all relationships as we are made up of different mindsets and see things differently. We need to understand our differences and unite as one to become better partners.
A lot of people are faced with various challenges in their relationships. These challenges are even heading to break-up while some of these challenges are causing one of the partners or even the both to cheat on themselves.
It is a common thing to step on one another’s toes but that doesn’t mean it should result in conflict. We ought to unite as one and correct ourselves in love to prevent unnecessary arguments.
We shall be giving you few tips on how to prevent conflict when they tend to arise to ensure love and peace amidst one another.
Each party should take up the responsibility of spelling their do’s and don’t in the relationship. If you notice any strange behavior in your partner, call him or her and talk it out.
2. Respect – Every human loves been treated with respect no matter the gender, respect the choice of your partner no matter how stupid it may sound.
3. Correct in love – Love is the backbone of every true relationship. If your partner hurts you or does something contrary to what you want, don’t yell or shout oh him or her, find a way of calming down then correcting the person in low and simple terms, with that, you will avoid an unnecessary argument.
4. Think before you talk – A lot of people are fond of this act, “I will say my mind”, have you thought about what you want to say before saying it. Are you sure the word will not break your partner down or even bring out the devil in him or her. Think twice before giving a reply to any issue that will cause conflict.
5. Avoid old memories – Several people in a relationship are been hunted by the memory of the past. Because he or she has done this to me in the past, let me react to it using the present opportunity. Let go of the past if you had failed in speaking out your mind then. Don’t let your past decide your future, settle the matter on the ground, and let love reign.
6. Be slow to take offense – A lot of people get easily offended. Just a little thing, you are on fire raining down words. If the other partner cannot take it, he or she will give it back to you or walk out of the relationship. Tame yourself not to take things too personal.
7. Choice of words – Words are very powerful, the same word that will make a King respect is the same word that will banish you from the king’s presence. Choose the right words when issues arise.
8. Be patient – Ensure to take a deep breath before addressing issues in your relationship. Yes, the issue could be hurting you greatly. It is the best thing you could do to save your relationship at that time.